Thursday, August 29, 2013

Aug 29 - monthly update


Rocco started second grade.  He's in Mrs. Massey's class.  Thankfully Will Cox, Rocco's best friends, is in his class this year. Riley Baker, his former girlfriend, is in there, too.   Unfortunately Hunter, Hayes, and Gunnar were placed in the other second grade class.  So far things have gone well at CSE.



Rocco is a very good big brother.  One day Maverick had been crying and I could not get him asleep.  Rocco sang him his very own made up lullaby.  "Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep little baby...because we love you, and we care about you, and we know you haven't slept all day." And you know what? He went to sleep!


 Seventeen months old and still growing like a weed.  It was back to work for me full time this year.  I was sad, but oh so thankful that I had last year only working part time so that I could be more of a stay at home mom.  I'll forever cherish that time I had home with my babies.  This year I'm at Southeast Elementary teaching math and science to sixth graders.  It's about a twenty minute drive from the house.  I've been working late hours trying to stay up with the pace of being in a new school, new grade, and new subject.

Our boys love to get a bubble bath.  Here they are in our big whirl pool.  (If you look extra hard you can see Rocco's blue orthodontic glue on his back teeth.  Just that little bit of glue has corrected his under bite caused by grinding teeth.  Thankfully braces will come later rather than sooner.)

 I can think of nothing sweeter than my nana interacting with little Maverick. She was feeding him breakfast one morning.  Look at that little bird mouth open for some Cheerios.  Something is extra special about great-grandparents!

 This little man loves a sucker!  He'd almost eat the stick when he's through with the candy.
 I love picture shots from behind.  He was busy playing with his little Disney train that his nana and granddaddy gave him in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment