Tuesday, May 29, 2012

6 Years 2 Months Old


Ever since the elementary school went to the baseball game, Rocco has really been into pretending to play it at home.  He wants to be the Braves, and I usually have to be the Lookouts or Green Jackets.  I'm the announcer, we use no ball ( just our imagination), and his bat is a floppy tomahawk.  He slides onto every base.  The entire field is just a few feet wide in one room of our house.  Of course he scores tons of runs and I get out every time.

Lately he's told me when he gets in his 20's or 30's, he is going to be a sheriff.  He said I'll need to quit teaching so that I can be his partner.  I agreed.

He's really a big help with Maverick.  Though he's never changed a diaper, he can calm him down with a pacifier.  One afternoon he rocked him to sleep in his little vibrating chair.
Rocco also knows how to feed him milk from his bottle.  He doesn't really seem to be jealous much any more, but he does pretend to be a baby.  He'll lay on his belly and act like he's having tummy time.

We've been picking blackberries near our house lately.  Rocco will stay on the four wheeler while I pick them.
I try to talk to him a lot about nature and teach him things about the plants and animals that Papa used to teach me.  It's cute when he gets his terminology mixed up.  "Hey, mommy!  Look at all these pineapple (pine) trees!" and another time "I just got hit in the face with a cornweb (cobweb)."  And recently when he was feeding Maverick a bottle, I reached down to feed him some cheese.  "Mom, this is a food chain!"

1 comment: