Monday, July 1, 2013

Seven Years Three Months Old


                          
 For over 70 months now I've been taking his picture in the same blue chair.  Well here's an updated blog post...but no blue chair.  We were so busy I forgot!  But I have plenty more pics to show what we've been doing.  The picture above was taken at Berry College on the mountain campus.  I took the boys there with Carolyn to take the boys' pictures for the fourth of July theme.

Early in June we took a trip to the mountains with my parents and niece.  The coolest thing Rocco did was zipline.  Yep, he did it with me first.  Then, the next day he was ready to go again.  This time he went with papaw.  It was a 700 foot line of wire attached to a pulley that pulled you high in the sky backwards and then shot you forward.  Exhilarating!

Another first this month was driving a go kart all by himself!  This was at the Nascar Speedway Amusement Park.  Daelyn is in the yellow car behind him.  
They also rode the roller coaster together several times.  At two different parks!
What a sweet picture of my two boys in their matching tiger pajamas.  This was taken in our condo. 


A couple of weeks later we went to another amusement park.  This one was in mommy's hometown.  Lake Winnepesaukah.  My family enjoyed going.  Here is Tyler trying out the scrambler with the kids.  This was Rocco's first time on the ride.  Looks like he is enjoying it!
Some cold, cherry snow cones cooled us off on that warm summer day at the park.  


One day I went to Lookout Mountain to see one of my best friends.  We go all the way back to middle and high school.  Heather now has three kids.  Here's our bunch together. Honestly Maverick did have a good time that day. He was just a little ready for a nap in this picture.  The kids played in kiddie swimming pool, turned it into a mud bath, had an outside lunch picnic, played ball, and cooled off on the slip and slide.  

The garden that I planted has kept us busy as well this summer.  Here are some of the crops God blessed us with!  Rocco was my big helper when it came to watering the plants.  He'd go on golf cart rides with me down to Elton's spring, or our secret water spot on Melson Rd, or down to the cow watering trough to fill up our empty milk jugs. Then, I'd pour it all over the growing vegetables.  Thankfully this was the wettest summer I can ever remember.  We had a great harvest!

Here's a new costume Rocco has.  I think he makes a handsome ninja.  These toy knives were more items he's collected for his bunker (corner at the bottom on the stairs barricaded to keep Maverick out).  This picture was taken at mimi and papaw's house.  
And here's some more fun he had at their house with his brother and cousin, Daelyn. I sprayed water on them as they rode around in the driveway in the pink Barbie car.  Fun memories!


1 comment: